NIFDS release the risk assessment reports
- As the nation’s food supply becomes more complex, scientific based political decisions to prevent contamination and illness have become even more important to protection of the public health. There are numerous hazards that may adversely affect the health of humans, including pathogenic microorganisms, and chemical substances. Exposure to these hazards can occur through various sources, but most importantly through food consumption.
- The National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation (NIFDS) is required to assess potential risk expected from exposure of hazardous materials in terms of Food Safety Management. To achieve this objective, NIFDS has established an action plan on risk assessment for chemicals and biological hazardous materials in 2016.
- Since 2016, NIFDS has released risk assessment reports for chemical and biological hazards. New reports will be annually updated. Currently, Risk assessment summary reports of Korean version of the full report are available in English version.
- For more information to figure out the details of risk assessment, full report can be found at
Food processing contaminants
- Risk Assessment of Nitrosamines (2016)
- Risk Assessment of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons(PAHs) (2016)
- Risk assessment of Clostridium perfringens in paste group (2017)
- Risk assessment of Clostridium perfringens in sauce group (2017)
- Risk assessment of Campylobacter in Hams and Processed Ground Meat Products (2017)
- Risk assessment of Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium perfringens in egg products (2017)
- Risk assessment of Staphylococcus aureus in Dried Fishes (2017)
- Risk assessment of Campylobacter in meat (2016)
- Risk assessment of Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium perfringens in cheese (2016)
- Risk assessment of Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium perfringens in processed meat product (2016)
Intergrated Risk Assessment